The postings and information on this site are opinions of myself and things that I have found on the web. The opinions do not reflect the individuals or organizations profiled. Some information may be inaccurate or offensive. One that I find weird and may have to change it as it doesn't seem accurate is Saskatoon and Regina's average attendance for Dub games. That is the stat I found.

Sunday 15 July 2012

Prairie Junior Hockey League

  What is the Prairie Junior Hockey League. Besides the obvious that it is a junior hockey league located in the Prairies. The Prairie Junior Hockey League started in 2007 with teams combining from 2 junior B leagues in Saskatchewan. It consists of 13 teams across the province. The only alumni that has made the NHL that I can find out of this league was Derek Boogard.(RIP) But with that as an example and knowing Boogards hockey skill one can imagine the calibre of this league. Looks alot like a glorified beer league. Although quite a few players have moved up to play in the SJHL the Prairie Junior League looks like a final destination league for players that still haven't lost the dream or just want to play a little competitive hockey for fun.

I am still researching more on this league and will keep you informed the more I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment